Remainder due before completion: $700
By attending the Project Management Bootcamp, participants will get execution fit through a comprehensive and highly practical training experience.
This course is aimed at practicing and aspiring project managers from any industry, sector or technical background.
Two blocks of three days, delivered ten weeks apart:
- Block 1: 18 – 20 September, 2018
- Module 1: Initiating and Planning Projects
- Block 2: 27 – 29 November, 2018
- Module 2: Building and Leading Project Teams
- Module 3: Monitoring and Controlling Projects
- Module 4: Closing and Evaluating Projects
What you will learn
Knowledge and skills are developed through a variety of training techniques specifically designed for adult learners, including:
- In-class lectures delivered by an engaging expert trainer
- Multimedia content including videos, games and psychological challenges sprinkled throughout lectures to build engagement and interest
- Team activities based on relevant project case studies
- A project management simulation (Mad About Projects), that gives participants the experience of managing a project in a day, and the understanding that comes from putting theory into practice. Held on the last training day, this simulation incorporates all previous learning and is where, for many, the ‘penny finally drops’ and a deeper understanding of project management is gained.
After this course, participants will…
- Industry standard, best-practice project management theory, terminology, methodologies, concepts, processes, tool and techniques
- The ‘people side of projects’ – the psychology of project management and the ‘soft skills’ required to manage, lead, influence, negotiate and communicate with project team members, suppliers and stakeholders.
- Different types of projects and the approach/methodology best suited to each
- Strategic alignment of projects and the link between projects, benefits, and corporate strategy
- The role of the project manager in relation to benefits realisation
- Earned Value Management as a tool for evaluating the performance of a project and identifying when you are over budget and/or behind schedule
- Control techniques and how to bring a project back on track
- Communication techniques including the use of social media and online collaboration tools
- Project management software/tools
Be able to:
- Develop key project management documents including:
- Project Charter
- Project Management Plan – including:
- Work Breakdown Structure
- Network Diagram and Gantt chart
- Project Cost Estimate
- Quality Plan
- HR Plans (Organisational Breakdown Structure, Responsibility Assignment Matrix, and Roles & Responsibilities Table)
- Stakeholder Analysis & Communication Plan
- Risk Register
- Procurement Plan
- Project Status Reports
- Post Implementation Review
- Access to Ecademy – an online library of project management training videos to remain current and continue on their learning journey.
- The PM Toolkit – a suite of downloadable tools and templates for use on projects
- A collection of recommended readings
More About Us
Elemental Projects specialises in project management, working with professionals build the knowledge, skills, confidence and connections to be successful in their projects.
Our trainers are experienced project managers whose unique cross industry expertise enhances the delivery of high quality course content.