This program is delivered and assessed through Elemental Projects (Australia) Pty Ltd. All Elemental Projects’ trainers and assessors have been approved by the RTO to undertake training and assessment activities.
About this course
The BSB51415 Diploma of Project Management is our flagship professional development program leading to a nationally recognised qualification in project management.
Participants rave about the impact that this course has had on their ability to deliver projects and programs, while managing the myriad complications that come from relationships with clients, suppliers and stakeholders, and the complexities of the environment in which projects occur.
The course involves six days of face-to-face training delivered over several months with the ongoing support of a personal assessor, and access to Ecademy – our video learning platform with over 12 hours of content packaged into 5-10 minute bite-sized chunks. The program is comprehensive, engaging and highly practical, and involves not only learning new knowledge & skills but applying what you have learned on a real, work based project, with support and feedback from your personal assessor.
The program is aimed at practising project and program managers from any industry, sector or technical background and does not assume or require any prior training or education in project management (ideal for accidental project managers!).
Projects for a better world
If you have projects that align with the United Nations 17 Sustainable Development Goals, then you may be eligible to apply for our SDG Project Management Scholarship click here for more about our SDG Scholarship, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire.
For in-house delivery, we come to you to deliver the program exclusively to your employees. We take the time to meet with your key stakeholders (PMO/EPMO managers, experienced project/program managers, and others in your project delivery community) to understand the unique environment and methodology in which projects are delivered at your organisation.
We then customise the Diploma program to incorporate guest lectures from internal SMEs, develop bespoke case studies that form the basis of group training activities and individual assessments. We also customise our presentation slides by adding call-outs that tie key industry-standard concepts, terminology, tools and processes to the specific requirements of your organisation. This leads to a higher level of capability development as participants gain not only industry-standard knowledge and skills in project management, but the contextual awareness necessary to appropriately tailor and apply this skillset in the context of their own workplace.
Attending a public course
Sending participants to our public courses is a great option if you have fewer than 12 people who need training, or would prefer them to undertake training at different times, or just want them to mix with others from different organisations and industries to gain new perspectives on the application of project management in different sectors and technical domains.
Structure and content
The program involves six days of face-to-face training, delivered as two x 3-day blocks, spaced ten weeks apart.
- Block 1:
- Day 1: Overview of Contemporary Project Management
- Day 2: Scoping & Scheduling Projects
- Day 3: Completing the Project Management Plan
- Block 2:
- Day 4: Building and Leading Teams (Soft Skills for Project Leaders)
- Day 5: Monitoring and Controlling Projects
- Day 6: Closing Projects followed by our Mad About Projects simulation
What you will learn
Knowledge and skills are developed through a variety of training techniques specifically designed for adult learners, including:
- In-class lectures delivered by an engaging expert trainer
- Multimedia content including videos, games and psychological challenges sprinkled throughout lectures to build engagement and interest
- Team activities based on relevant project case studies
- Work-based assessment tasks that transfer knowledge and skills from the classroom to the workplace
- A project management simulation (Mad About Projects), that gives participants the experience of managing a project in a day, and the understanding that comes from putting theory into practice. Held on the last training day, this simulation incorporates all previous learning and is where, for many, the ‘penny finally drops’ and a deeper understanding of project management is gained.
Following the face-to-face training block, students undertake further individual study and submit four Module Assessments. It typically takes 3-6 months to complete all assessments, during which time students are supported by a personal assessor who provides online coaching, guidance, and detailed feedback on assessments.
After this course, participants will…
- Industry standard, best-practice project management theory, terminology, methodologies, concepts, processes, tool and techniques
- The ‘people side of projects’ – the psychology of project management and the ‘soft skills’ required to manage, lead, influence, negotiate and communicate with project team members, suppliers and stakeholders.
- Different types of projects and the approach/methodology best suited to each
- Strategic alignment of projects and the link between projects, benefits, and corporate strategy
- The role of the project manager in relation to benefits realisation
- Earned Value Management as a tool for evaluating the performance of a project and identifying when you are over budget and/or behind schedule
- Control techniques and how to bring a project back on track
- Communication techniques including the use of social media and online collaboration tools
- Project management software/tools
Be able to:
- Develop key project management documents including:
- Project Charter
- Project Management Plan – including:
- Work Breakdown Structure
- Network Diagram and Gantt chart
- Project Cost Estimate
- Quality Plan
- HR Plans (Organisational Breakdown Structure, Responsibility Assignment Matrix, and Roles & Responsibilities Table)
- Stakeholder Analysis & Communication Plan
- Risk Register
- Procurement Plan
- Project Status Reports
- Post Implementation Review
More About Us
Elemental Projects offers nationally recognised training under the auspices of Major Training Services Pty Ltd (RTO No. 90748). Visit www.majortraining.com.au for information and policies.
Our trainers are experienced project managers whose unique cross industry expertise enhances the delivery of high quality course content.
We run the Public BSB51415 Diploma of Project Management program roughly three times per year, with additional cohorts scheduled as needed.
We also offer recognition of prior learning for those with experience in project management who are seeking a fast-tracked qualification to support and validate their knowledge and skills. Please click here for more details about RPL.