Comprehensive and Practical Training Solutions For Defence and Industry
Elemental Projects offer practical, comprehensive and custom tailored training solutions for those professionals responsible for Project Management in the defence industry in Sydney. Our skilled trainers are project managers with years of practical experience that complements our carefully designed course content.
Our Project Management programs for Defence range from 1-2 day unaccredited Project Management Essentials courses, project management team building activities and simulations, through to 6 day intensive programs – all tailored to the unique environment and needs of local government. Training may be delivered in a single event or packaged into block sessions (concurrent days) or delivered one day per week, fortnight, or month, as per your organisation’s needs.
Our tailored programs are aimed at practicing and aspiring project managers working in the Defence sector. They feature:
- The use of Defence-related case studies;
- Coverage of specialised content such as the DMO’s Project Management Methodology;
- High profile guest speakers from the ADF, DMO, CDG and industry; and
- Opportunities to network with others from Defence as well as prime and SME contractors.
Content can be further tailored to reflect your organization’s branding, policy, procedures and project management methodology.
The program is structured into four training modules that follow the project life cycle, as follows:
- Module 1: Initiating and Planning Projects (3 days)
- Module 2: Building and Leading Project Teams (1 day)
- Module 3: Monitoring and Controlling Projects (1 day)
- Module 4: Closing and Evaluating Projects (1 day)
As well as offering you a course specifically tailored to your organisation’s needs, we also include our gamified training simulation.
“The Game” simulates the real day-to-day occurrences in the lifespan of a project, giving your staff an experiential learning opportunity to supplement their training in a more cohesive fashion.
After this course, participants will…
- Industry standard, best-practice project management theory, terminology, methodologies, concepts, processes, tool and techniques
- The ‘people side of projects’ – the psychology of project management and the ‘soft skills’ required to manage, lead, influence, negotiate and communicate with project team members, suppliers and stakeholders.
- Different types of projects and the approach/methodology best suited to each
- Strategic alignment of projects and the link between projects, benefits, and corporate strategy
- The role of the project manager in relation to benefits realisation
- Earned Value Management as a tool for evaluating the performance of a project and identifying when you are over budget and/or behind schedule
- Control techniques and how to bring a project back on track
- Communication techniques including the use of social media and online collaboration tools
- Project management software/tools
Be able to:
- Develop key project management documents including:
- Project Charter
- Project Management Plan – including:
- Work Breakdown Structure
- Network Diagram and Gantt chart
- Project Cost Estimate
- Quality Plan
- Stakeholder Analysis & Communication Plan
- Risk Register
- Procurement Plan
- Project Status Reports
- Post Implementation Review
- The PM Toolkit – a suite of downloadable tools and templates for use on projects
- A collection of recommended readings