Our flagship professional development program for project managers is aimed at practising project managers from any industry, sector or technical background. This nationally recognised qualification involves a comprehensive and highly practical training program with concurrent workplace coaching and assessment.
- Block 1: 1 – 3 September 2020
- Module 1: Initiating and Planning Projects
- Block 2: 17 – 19 November 2020
- Module 2: Building and Leading Project Teams
- Module 3: Monitoring and Controlling Projects
- Module 4: Closing and Evaluating Projects
To be eligible to do this course, you must:
- be currently working on projects (either as the project manager, team member, or project sponsor)
- demonstrate the minimum Language, Literacy & Numeracy skills required to undertake a qualification at this level
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
Please complete our Pre-Enrolment Checklist prior to registering for this course.
Knowledge and skills are developed through a variety of training techniques specifically designed for adult learners, including:
- In-class lectures delivered by an engaging expert trainer
- Multimedia content including videos, games and psychological challenges sprinkled throughout lectures to build engagement and interest
- Team activities based on relevant project case studies
- Work-based assessment tasks that transfer knowledge and skills from the classroom to the workplace
- A project management simulation (Mad About Projects), that gives participants the experience of managing a project in a day, and the understanding that comes from putting theory into practice. Held on the last training day, this simulation incorporates all previous learning and is where, for many, the ‘penny finally drops’ and a deeper understanding of project management is gained.
Following the face-to-face training block, students undertake further individual study and submit four Module Assessments. It typically takes 3-6 months to complete all assessments, during which time students are supported by our team of qualified and experienced workplace assessors who provides online coaching, guidance, and detailed feedback on assessments.
$4,800 (GST free)
- 10% mates’ rates (discount when referred by a past participant)
- 20% small-group discount for 2-3 registrations
- 30% table discount for 4-5 registrations
After this course, participants will…
- Industry standard, best-practice project management theory, terminology, methodologies, concepts, processes, tool and techniques
- The ‘people side of projects’ – the psychology of project management and the ‘soft skills’ required to manage, lead, influence, negotiate and communicate with project team members, suppliers and stakeholders.
- Different types of projects and the approach/methodology best suited to each
- Strategic alignment of projects and the link between projects, benefits, and corporate strategy
- The role of the project manager in relation to benefits realisation
- Earned Value Management as a tool for evaluating the performance of a project and identifying when you are over budget and/or behind schedule
- Control techniques and how to bring a project back on track
- Communication techniques including the use of social media and online collaboration tools
- Project management software/tools
Be able to:
- Develop key project management documents including:
- Project Charter
- Project Management Plan – including:
- Work Breakdown Structure
- Network Diagram and Gantt chart
- Project Cost Estimate
- Quality Plan
- HR Plans (Organisational Breakdown Structure, Responsibility Assignment Matrix, and Roles & Responsibilities Table)
- Stakeholder Analysis & Communication Plan
- Risk Register
- Procurement Plan
- Project Status Reports
- Post Implementation Review
- a collection of recommended readings
- full suite of professional project management tools & templates
- online coaching and support from your personal assessor
- detailed feedback on assessment based on real workplace projects
- 12 month subscription to Ecademy (our video library for just-in-time learning)
- automatic CPPP certification with the Australian Institute of Project Management (subject to membership)
- nationally recognised qualification: BSB51415 Diploma of Project Management awarded by Major Training Services (Registered Training Organisation No. 90748)
More About Us
Elemental Projects offers nationally recognised training under the auspices of Major Training Services (Registered Training Organisation No. 90748). Visit www.majortraining.com.au for information and policies.
Our trainers are experienced project managers whose unique cross industry expertise enhances the delivery of high quality course content.
We also offer recognition of prior learning for those with experience in project management who are seeking a fast-tracked qualification to support and validate their knowledge and skills. Please click here for more details about RPL.